a peek at the process
CKJ jewelry is thoughtfully hand fabricated by Yumi Nagumo.
One by one, each piece is carefully brought to life using precious metal sheet and wire by her two hands, a jeweller's saw, torch, hand files, hammers, & other hand-held tools.
Each piece is thoughtfully planned
& lovingly created.
A slow labour of love.
In a Nutshell
play/Dream/visualize a design
2. saw out each piece, one at a time from metal sheet, using a jeweller’s saw
3. refine each piece by hand using various needle files & sandpaper
4. create a home for the piece(s), torch fired using silver &/or gold solder
5. clean, oxidize, & clean again
6. multiple rounds of polishing to achieve desired texture & shine + final scrub/rinse
7. stone setting
***pieces take anywhere from 2 hours to several days (or more) to complete
The organic result of handmade pieces?
Each piece has its own characteristic charm, & is truly a one-of-a-kind piece.
No two are exactly the same.